1. The treatment of urinary tract infection (UTI), including acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis .
2. For the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections, including bronchitis, community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), and nosocomial pneumonia.
3. Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis can be treated.
4. Can be used to treat skin and skin structure infections, including diabetic foot ulcer, surgical incision site infections, animal bite wounds, and necrotizing infections.
5. Enteric infections, including acute gastroenteritis and infectious diarrhea can also be treated with it.
6. The treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhea (e.g., cervicitis and urethritis) and mild to moderate acute sinusitis
7. For the treatment of prostatitis caused by susceptible organisms. Like bacterial conjunctivitis.
8. It can be used for anthrax prophylaxis after exposure to Bacilus anthracis (postexposure prophylaxis, PEP)