1. There are more than 200 types of known cancer.
2. There are several risk factors for cancer like pollution, radiation, obesity, drinking, smoking and endless other reasons.
3. Lung cancer is the most common and leading cause of death in males.
4. Denmark has the highest rate of cancer.
5. Number of death due to cancer is higher than the total number of death due to AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
6. Maximum death due to four main types of cancer- lungs cancer, breast cancer, prostate, and colorectal cancer.
7. 8.2 million people died due to cancer in 2012.
8. There are approximately 15.5 million cancer survivors in US.
9. Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women.
10. Studies shows that red wine kills cancer cells.
11. Even plants can get cancer.
12. Elephants have rare chance of getting cancer because they have 40 copies of genes that suppresses cancer cells.
13. viruses are also capable of causing cancer by changing genes.
14. It is estimated that cancerous viruses lead to 15-20% of all types of oncology.
15. Many patients start treating cancer with folk remedies, but it is not useful. Treatment form doctor can save you, you can do folk remedies side by side.
16. There is a study suggest that if a man drink 6 or more cups of coffee a day then cancer of prostate cancer decreases by 20%.
17. Since February 2009, more than 40 million doses of Gardasil have been sold in the world.
18. Any part of our body can develop cancer.
19. The US Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control assert that Gardisil prevents the development of certain types of cervical cancer and that it is absolutely safe.
20. Skin cancer is also one of the most common type of cancer.
21. Researchers says that marijuana-based compound stops cancer cells multiplication.
22. Breastfeeding can also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
23. There are theories which suggest that multivitamins increase the chances of cancer and heart diseases.
24. Prediabetes increases the chances of cancer by 15%.
25. Because of higher exposure of UV rays, pilots and flight attendants have high risk of getting cancer.
26. 450 men died in US due to breast cancer.
27. People who sleep less than six hours a day are more likely to develop colon cancer than those who sleep more.
28. Trained dogs can smell the prostate cancer 98% accurately.
29. Most of the cancer caused by the combination of genetics and environmental factors.
30. By 2030, scientists expect the emergence of 21.4 million new cases of cancer and approximately 13.2 million deaths from cancer.
31. Everyday 20,000 people die due to cancer and number is increasing every year.
32. There are 28 million cancer survivors in the world.
33. According to the World Health Organization, about 30% of all cancers can be prevented.
34. There are ‘cancer villages’ in China, the people of villages are more susceptible to cancer due to high level of pollution.
35. Cancer cells can metastasize or spread from one place to another through the bloodstream or the lymphatic system.
36. Cancer can appear in both sexes in any age.
37. Proper diet, avoiding smoking and alcohol and exercising can decrease the chances of cancer by 30%.
38. One cigarette has 69 chemicals that are carcinogens.
39. Billy Owen, a man lost his eye and half of his face due to cancer, he started acting for zombie roles.
40. There are more number of cases of skin cancer due to indoor tanning bed then lung cancer due to smoking.
41. Women over 35 years should undergo an annual mammogram and breast ultrasound .
42. Men over the age of 40 must go for blood test for prostate-specific antigen (PSA).
43. underdeveloped countries have high number of cases of cancer than developed countries.
44. The youngest patient surviving breast cancer was just 3 years old.
45. Cancer cells undergo changes in order to avoid protection of the immune system, as well as to protect against radiation and chemotherapy.
46. It is proved that the patient’s own confidence in successful cure and willingness to fight gives more chances for recovery.
47. Connection between smoking and increased likelihood of lung cancer was found out by scientists in Nazi Germany.
48. It is myth that cancer is incurable disease, it can be cured if diagnosed at early stage.
49. The French national institute has published information that e-cigarettes contain as many carcinogens as traditional cigarettes.
50. The first mention of cancer is found in ancient Egyptian papyri, which is more than 4000 years old.
51. More than 90% of all experimental drugs against cancer do not work.
52. Cancer has two main features: abnormal cell growth and the ability to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis).
53. The word “cancer” comes from the Greek word “crab”. It was named so because its finger-shaped projections are similar to the shape of a crab.
54. Breastfeeding can decrease the chances of breast cancer in woman.
55. More than 15,000 of children and teenagers are diagnosed with cancer in US.
56. Cases of skin cancer are increasing steadily.
57. Refined soda, red meat, hydrogenated oil, deep fried are all cancer-causing food.
58. As woman gets old, chances of developing cancer increase.
59. February 4, is the World Cancer Day.
60. Poor oral hygiene can lead to gingivitis, inflammation of the gums and it increases the chances of developing cancer.
1. There are more than 200 types of known cancer.